Following the recent announcement that the World Snooker Federation (WSF) will return to Malta for two new competitions from 4-17 January 2020, we can today confirm that entries for both tournaments are now open.
Organised together with the Malta Billiards & Snooker Association (MBSA), the event will comprise two tournaments, the WSF Junior Open and the WSF Open. The winner of each tournament will earn a two-year tour card to the professional World Snooker Tour from the start of the 2020/21 season.
The entry criteria for both events are as follows:
- Both events will be open to players of all nationalities and genders
- Players competing in the WSF Junior Open must be aged 17 and under up to and including 31 December 2019. Players of any age may enter the WSF Open.
- National federations may nominate up to two players for each competition.
- Both events are also open for direct entry by players who are a member of and in good standing with their national federation.
All entries must be received through the WPBSA Tournament Manager system at https://snookerscores.net/
National federation nomination
Representatives from each national federation will shortly receive two emails from us, containing entry instructions and a login to the entry system.
Players who have not been nominated by their national federation can enter directly as follows:
- Create an account HERE.
- Select the WSF event that you wish to enter HERE.
- Click ‘Enter tournament’ and complete the entry form.
- Select your payment method and complete payment of your entry fee.
The nomination/entry deadline for both events is 5:00pm GMT on Sunday 1 December 2019.
Payment of all entry fees must be made by 5:00pm GMT on Sunday 8 December 2019.
If you experience any difficulties or have any questions relating to event entry please contact us via our website or Facebook page.