On 21 November, the “One Belt, One Road” CBSA Cup-Shaanxi Tourism Group 2020 National Snooker Team Championship began in Xi’an, the ancient capital of China. The event will last until 25 November. This is the first national snooker event held in China since outbreak of COVID-19.
A total of 32 teams will participate in the event with each team consisting of three players, one team leader and one coach. The event is divided into two stages: group round-robin and single-elimination tournament.
The first stage of the round-robin was divided into eight groups with four teams each. The top two teams from each group will advance to the second stage of the single-elimination tournament.
The opening ceremony of the tournament was attended by:
- Wang Tao, Director of the Handball and Baseball Center of the National Sports Bureau, President of CBSA
- Wang Yong, Shaanxi Provincial Sports Bureau Director
- Zhou Bing, Chairman of Shaanxi Tourism Group Co.
- Zhang Wangping, General Manager of Shaanxi Tourism Group Co.
- Wang Yong, Deputy Director of Shaanxi Provincial Sports Bureau
- Liu Chunsheng, Secretary General of CBSA
- Zhang Hongling, Party Secretary of Shaanxi Sports Training Center
- Xu Gang, Deputy Director of Xi’an Sports Bureau
- Zhao Wei, Deputy Director General of Bureau of Culture, Tourism and Health of Xi’an Hi-Tech Zone Management Committee
Further information will be published here at WPBSA.com as the event continues.