Tournament information for this weekend’s Taom UK Women’s Snooker Championship is now available:
The opening World Women’s Snooker (WWS) ranking tournament of the season sees the Tour return to the Northern Snooker Centre in Leeds – home of the UK Championship since 2015 and host venue to the Tour since 1982.
With an impressive field of 38 players, the tournament will see each of the top eight ranked players in action including record 10-time champion Reanne Evans, reigning world champion Nutcharut Wongharuthai and four-time queen Ng On Yee headlining the draw.
Three-time champion Tessa Davidson and 2012 winner Maria Catalano are the remaining former champions among this weekend’s cast.
The tournament will also welcome three debutants, as well as Louise Leskevicius, who is set to play her first Tour event in over 22 years.
There will also be side-tournaments held for our Under-21 and Seniors players, with a new winner guaranteed in each with Steph Daughtery (overage) and Michelle Brown (not entered) not set to defend their titles.
This weekend’s format will be as follows:
- The top two ranked players have been seeded through to the last 16 stage on Sunday morning
- The remaining 36 players have been drawn in nine groups of a maximum of four players
- The top two players from each group will progress to the knockout stage
- All group winners and the one best runner-up will progress straight to the last 16
- The remaining 8 players will play a preliminary round match on Saturday evening for the remaining four places
- All qualifiers from the group stages will be positioned in the knockout draw according to group stage performance in line with our established qualifying criteria
Group matches will be played over the best of three frames, knockout rounds to be 5/5/5/7/7. If necessary the preliminary round matches may be shortened to 3 frames.
The format for all side-tournaments will be straight knockout.
If you have any questions please contact a member of the team via our website or social media.