The World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA) is looking to appoint a Media Officer to join its expanding Sport Development Team.
The successful applicant will provide support to the Head of Communications and help to deliver the core functions and objectives across the WPBSA’s growing grassroots programmes. This is a governance and sports development position and not the World Snooker Tour.
The WPBSA is the world governing body for snooker and billiards and is responsible for a rapidly expanding international calendar of events across its Group companies, including development tours and pathway events to the professional World Snooker Tour.
This is a full-time role and a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a fast-developing sport and would ideally suit a graduate looking to begin a career in sport.
- Remote/Flexible working (Can work from home or Head Office in Bristol if local/required) Note: must be UK-based for the role as the successful applicant will be expected to work at mostly UK-based events.
- Salary: £25,000 & benefits
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Head of Communications with the creation and delivery of media campaigns promoting WPBSA Group activity.
- Managing social media accounts, including the delivery of regular high-quality content and managing inbox enquiries with an expected level of customer service.
- Attending WPBSA events and providing professional event coverage to include social media, basic photography and engagement with local/regional media.
- Writing professional content for WPBSA Group websites, to include tournament reports, previews, player interviews and other features.
- Either delivering or overseeing the production of professional video content to promote WPBSA Group activity.
- Support the WPBSA Player Relations Manager with the delivery of social media/website messages for the Players Association (WPBSA Players)
- To provide support and assistance to the Head of Communications when required.
The role is based around events and the needs of an international sports governing body. Therefore, the role does involve working long weekends and anti-social hours.
- Experience of using a wide range of social media platforms and the ability to deliver high-quality content under pressure
- A high standard of written English and the ability to produce media articles
- Strong professional administrative and communication skills
- Open to learning new systems with training
- Hardworking, flexible and a team player
- Be willing to work long hours and weekends, both working on site at tournaments and/or remotely as required
- Ability to create video content and present on camera
- Professional photography/graphic design skills
- Experience of key software including WordPress, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Microsoft Office
- A passion for sport and knowledge of snooker
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, covering letter and any supporting material, for example a match report, video or graphic content produced by you
The deadline for applications is 7 July 2023.
WPBSA is committed to best practice in the care of children and as such this post will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check. The child protection policy can be found on the WPBSA website at http://www.wpbsa.com/coaching/child-protection-policies/.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and are a Disability Confident recruiter.